English Law - Orders are only accepted in that the Law of England shall apply to the contract arising from such an order and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the respective parties and in that no action or other proceedings shall be bought by either party in relation to such a contract except in a court of competent jurisdiction in England.
In the following terms and conditions, 'the company' refers to 'City Minibus & Coach Hire Ltd'.
1. Application - Our Standard Terms and Conditions apply equally for verbal or written contracts. The acts or omissions of the passengers are the hirers' responsibility and therefore any additional costs incurred for the performance of the contract rest entirely with the hirer irrespective of whether the hirer travels with the party.
2. Quotations - All quotations are valid for 7 days (providing the date of travel is more then 14 days ahead) unless agreed in writing at time of booking and are given subject to ‘City Minibus & Coach Hire Ltd’ having an appropriate vehicle available at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. The given quotation is for driver and vehicle only.
2a. Airport Pick Ups - We advise that all short haul flight pick up times from airports, be made for a minimum of 30 minutes after the scheduled flight landing time. All long haul flight pick up times from airports, be made for a minimum of 60 minutes after the scheduled flight landing time. We allow 30 minutes grace waiting time at no additional cost with all airport pick up’s. In the event OUR waiting time exceeds OUR grace waiting time period, then additional waiting time charges would apply in accordance with the vehicle type. Waiting time is charged in 15 minute segments or part of. For example if OUR driver has had to wait 37 minutes beyond the grace period, then you would incur 45 minutes additional waiting time charge.
3. Payment - All monies must be made in full prior to the performance of the booking unless expressly agreed by the company directors. If any outstanding monies are due, the company reserves the right to collect the monies due from the original credit/debit card used by or for the hirer at any time. The hirer also agrees that no chargeback will be raised to any credit/debit card issuing company with regards to the booking payment. In the event that the deposit is not paid on time or balance is not paid by the due date (normally 14 days before travel unless expressly agreed in writing) the company reserve the right to cancel the whole booking and any monies paid will be forfeited and the full balance will be due.
4. Surcharges - The quotation is given with regard to the operating costs at the time of the quotation. If more than 14 days elapse between the date of the quotation and its performance, the company, reserve the right to pass on any increase in the cost of fuel or any other increased costs resulting from government action. All bookings made through credit/debit cards incur a 4.25% banking charge unless agreed by the company directors. The company reserves the right to charge for damage to vehicles made by the hirer and/or the passengers. Monies will be collected from the hirer. The company charges a £100 refundable sickness and damage deposit for night time hire.
5. Cancellation by Hirer - All cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellation refund is based on the following: 21 days or more notice – 75% of the total cost will be refunded, 14 days or more notice – 50% of the total cost will be refunded, 7 days or more notice – 25% of the total cost will be refunded, if the hirer cancels less than 7 days notice before the booking, all monies will be forfeited to the company and the full value of the trip will be due. Cancellation of an event or holiday or "reason for travel" does not affect the hirers liability and the monies will be due as if the vehicle was travelling
6. Cancellation by the Company - In the event of an emergency or a vehicle being off the road due to an un-foreseen mechanical issue or a request by the hirer to unilaterally vary the agreed conditions, the company may return all monies paid and without liability cancel the contract. However, the company will endeavor to supply transport with alternative suppliers but cannot guarantee this.
7. Force Majeure: Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections, including, without limitation, failure of suppliers, subcontractors, and carriers, and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected to substantially meet its performance obligations under this Agreement
8. Use of the Vehicle - The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys nor will the vehicle remain at the destination for the hirers' sole use unless this has been expressly agreed in writing by the company. The company reserves the right to levy additional charges for timings or mileage over and above the original agreement on a pro rata basis as confirmed by hirer at the time of booking.
9. Change of vehicle - The company reserves the right to subcontract to another operator to perform the hire or to supply replacement vehicles with the same number of seats. In the event that a vehicle of differing specification is supplied the companies liability will be limited to the difference in price.
10. Route - Unless the hirer has advised of a particular route and specified it at the time of booking, the route taken will be entirely at the discretion of the company or driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the hirer at the time of the booking confirmation. It is the hirers' responsibility to account for all passengers at those times. The company cannot accept liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to adhere to the hirers' instructions.
11. Breakdown or Delay - The company may give advice on journey times in good faith, but cannot guarantee that the journey is completed by a specific time, and will not be liable for any inconvenience or loss incurred caused by a breakdown or unforeseen delay be that en-route to pick up the hirer or en-route to the booking destination.
12. Driver Hours - Drivers hours are regulated by law and the hirer accepts responsibility for timings agreed at confirmation of booking. The hirer accepts that neither he nor his passengers shall delay or interrupt the journey in such a way as to cause the driver to breach driver's hour's regulations. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer agrees to pay any additional costs incurred.
13. Property - The vehicles are subject to statutory safety restrictions on the carriage of luggage. The driver has sole authority to decide whether the property is carried. The company cannot accept liability for damage to, or loss of property being carried on the vehicle nor can it accept responsibility for any loss or damage left on the vehicle after hire. Property found on the vehicle after hire will be held at the vehicle operating base. It is the hirers' or the passenger's responsibility to collect the property and any costs incurred to collect the property are to be borne by the hirer or passenger. Property is to be collected at a time agreed by the company and the hirer or passenger.
14. Passenger Conduct - The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. If any passengers breach statutory regulations, the driver has full authority to have them removed. If passenger conduct results in damage to the vehicle, the hirer shall be responsible for any remedial costs incurred.
15. Alcohol and Tobacco Consumption - All vehicles are strictly non smoking by law. Under no circumstances is alcohol to be consumed on any company vehicle without the express written permission of the company directors.
16. Complaints - All complaints must be made in writing within 7 days of the date of hire to the company. The hirer agrees that in the event of a dispute arising from a booking, a charge back request will not be raised through the card issuer or bank. The hirer agrees to have a fair independent hearing in a County Court if an agreement cannot be made between the hirer and the company.
17. Agency Arrangements: Where the company hires-in vehicles from other operators at the request of the hirer and where the company arranges ancillary facilities such as meals, accommodation, ferries, admission tickets or any other services provided by another supplier, it does so as agent for and on behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers shall be binding on the hire
18. Animals - With the exception of guide dogs, no animals are to be carried on company vehicles.